I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

The pain and the joy of Mother's Day

Another painful first.  Mother's day.  It's an odd feeling, because I still think of myself as the mother of two children.  I still say "the kids" and refer to my children in the plural form as I speak to others, even though I only have one child under my roof tonight.

For me personally, tomorrow will be a glaring reminder of my loss. Yet at the same time I still have an amazing son who loves his mom very much.  I am incredibly blessed to have him in my life.  Add to that wonderful picture a loving husband and I have much to be grateful for.

So instead of going on and on about my heartache and pain regarding tomorrow (cause it will be there in full force) and the painful awareness of the absence of my sweet red-headed girl, let's talk a short walk down memory lane and remember why tomorrow I can be thankful for the two most precious gifts in my life - my children.

If you see me tomorrow, sharing in my tears will be okay.  My heart will be missing Amanda and aching over the pain of losing her, but at the same time, I will celebrate the joy of being her mom. 

My beautiful mother.  I am incredibly blessed by her love and support every day.  I love you mom!


This boy....how overwhelmingly thankful I am to call him my son.
Today, as we celebrated Mother's Day with the Watson side, I was able to spend some much cherished time with December baby.  My how Leah has grown....she is so beautiful.
Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
    and the flame shall not consume you.

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures!!!! we pray for you often---in our hearts, out loud and with you! happy mother's day to the wonderful mom and aunt, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete