I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Rock Ceremony 2015

Have you ever found yourself obsessing about one thing in order to not think about the other? That was me last night as the time approached for the Rock Ceremony. We went out for dinner and I was absolutely positive we were not going to make it in time and we were going to walk up after it had already started.....it was just a cover act.  I wasn't allowing myself to actually think what was about to take place.

We arrived at the school and I did really well holding it together, until Dr. Diener prayed before dismissing us to go to the classrooms. And then I lost it.

It is so hard to believe that Amanda was with us at last year's Rock Ceremony.  Yet another painful first, but this made my pain feel so vulnerable and wide open as we participated with our school family.  No hiding, no avoiding people....this one I had to face, literally.

As we gathered in the classroom with the four other families, Tom was the last one to speak. Rather than me try to share what he said, I made a video. And please excuse the sniffling in the background....I couldn't help it.
 
The outpouring of love and support from everyone in our Grace family last night was incredibly touching.  Our school family continues to stand beside us and walk along this painful path as we take each new step.  

1 Corinthians 12:24-28
 But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.



Brandon - 2015
Amanda - 2015
These two rocks were given to us by one of Amanda's classmates over the past year. Her sweet friends still love on us and I am incredibly thankful.

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment