I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bob Goff and Cupcakes!

I'm in the need for a little joy in my day, so I want to share with you my cupcake story from the IF:Austin conference.  Makes me smile every time....

IF has already posted the video on Facebook, so you may have already seen the footage.  Friday night at the conference, Jennie Allen and her husband, Zac, sat down to interview Bob and Marie Goff.  I am a little hesitant to admit that I had never heard of Bob Goff, but that night I was instantly pulled in by the abundant joy he exuded and he is like that all the time. It's not an act or a show....he is that bubbly and happy all the time.  Bob wrote a book called "Love Does - A Book and Movement about Love in Action."  His website says this about the book: The New York Times bestseller encouraged readers to live a lifestyle that fiercely seeks out ways of showing love.

As I mentioned in my previous blog about the conference, the weekend was an amazing time for me.  I was experiencing a wonderful, refreshing time with God.  On Friday evening, what happened after the session with Bob and Marie was completely unexpected.  In his true "seeking out and showing love" style, Bob and Marie declared they were going to make a surprise cupcake delivery to a IF:Local location that was streaming the conference from a home nearby.  As they were jumping off the stage, Bob looked at me and asked if I wanted to come along.  Who would turn that down?!  I jumped up and joined the fun! It was an evening of simple silliness that was welcome and needed.  To top off the evening, I was able to spend some very special one on one time with Marie.  

While I left my phone at the conference, there were plenty of cameras around!  So, without further ado, here is my cupcake run with Bob and Marie Goff:

Click on the link for the video: Goff's Cupcake Surprise

Zac and Jennie Allen
The Allens with Bob and Marie Goff
Let the fun begin! The Hey Cupcake truck that delivered the goodies!
Isn't that just like God?  Lavishing joy upon me at just the right time. What an amazing evening and special treat to spend time with these two lovely people.
Me and "Sweet Marie"
Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.

“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."

No comments:

Post a Comment