I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Another amazing weekend at the Double A Ranch

This weekend, we had the enormous privilege to go back and spend a few days in south Texas at the Double A Ranch with the Texas Youth Hunting program.  We once again joined the Archer family, Jason and Jessica Reeves, Megan and Collin Bosworth, along with all the people that work behind the scenes, for another unforgettable weekend.  I went in to the weekend not exactly sure what to expect.

We left the weekend having been welcomed into an amazing group of people that treated us like family.

Last February, we were invited down to the Double A in Uvalde for a special hunting trip for Amanda and Brandon.  Going back almost a year later, without Amanda, had me concerned in my ability to find joy this weekend.  That seems to be a prevailing obstacle for me day in and day out.  Thankfully, with all the love and camaraderie that was abundantly shared, joy was found.  Plenty of tears were shed and memories shared throughout the weekend.  I saw Amanda everywhere we went, but for the most part, it was with sweetness and joy remembering the fun we had.  God continues to pour out his blessings upon our family as we face each new day without her.

A look at last year's hunt:
Amanda and Jessica, our Huntmaster, immediately hit it off.
On the hunt for the elusive Axis deer....
Amanda, Jason and Jessica Reeves.  A huge thank you to the Archer family for allowing Amanda to harvest this buck last February.  
Hunting "safari style" with Megan, Collin and Jessica.
The room Amanda chose to stay in last year.  The lodge has individual "hotel style" rooms, each with their own theme.
This year's hunt:
This was one of three white-tail does Brandon harvested on Saturday with his fantastic guide, Collin.
The whole group from the weekend youth hunt
A year later, these two youngin's are married!  Fresh off their honeymoon, Collin and Megan came to spend the weekend at the Double A for the youth hunt.  In fact, Collin proposed to Megan last year at the Double A the weekend of our hunt.  Amanda and Brandon knew Collin was going to propose before I did!
Megan and Jessica - two amazing ladies that helped my heart heal just a little more this weekend...
Jason and Jessica Reeves.  What an awesome couple!  It was one messy, wet, cold weekend, but at the same time, relaxing, healing and peaceful. 
These two, Allyn and Susan Archer....I wish I had words to convey my gratitude for the way their family has welcomed us in with open arms.  My life is blessed by their friendship and love.
This room is the room we all thought Amanda would pick last year.  We stayed there this year.  It was like sleeping in a room full of sweet reminders of how much our girl loved the cowgirl lifestyle. 
Remind you of anyone?
This is the room referred to as "The Lodge."  A wall of family memories - and if you look closely, by the deer mount on the right, there are pictures from our hunt last year.  Nothing touched me more than seeing those pictures hanging in that room.  What a beautiful surprise.  Amanda is not forgotten. 

This picture is one I had never seen.  Talk about taking your breath away.  Look at her smile.  What a beautiful picture of my girl.

New memories.  New friends.   Overwhelming thankfulness. 

Psalm 71:1-3; 14
 In you, O Lord, do I take refuge;
    let me never be put to shame!

In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me;
    incline your ear to me, and save me! 

Be to me a rock of refuge,
    to which I may continually come;
you have given the command to save me,
    for you are my rock and my fortress.

But I will hope continually
    and will praise you yet more and more.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. Watson. When walking my dogs on my property in Liberty Hill this afternoon, I came across a happy birthday balloon for your beautiful daughter. I was touched by Amanda's story, and I am very sorry for your loss. I am a freshman at Texas A&M and am an aspiring nurse. I have had this dream of going into medicine since junior high, and hopefully someday, I will be able to help care for children like Amanda. I pray nothing but blessings upon you and your beautiful family. Thank you for sharing your story. Respectfully, Katy Warner

    ReplyDelete