I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015....now what?

I can't even begin to express how much some children surprise me and encourage me.  Seriously - I find myself looking at certain children and am speechless.  If only we could look at life the way that they do - and not complicate things like we adults often do - I'm convinced life would be simpler and happier.

The depth of faith with which Amanda's friends have dealt with her death continues to inspire me.

If you will remember, one of her friends said that her soul was just too beautiful for this earth.  I find that to be a sweet, rich comfort.

Monday was five months.  Five months that feels like five, or fifty, years.

I went in the office on Tuesday to find this note on my desk with a gift bag:

Mrs. Watson,
I want you to know that I have been reading your blog on Caring Bridge since Amanda got sick.  I know these past few months have been hard for you.  They have been hard for me too.  But Amanda has been rejoicing these few months, unlike us.  I want to give this gift to you because I hope it will remind you that Amanda is with her Heavenly Father.

And this was in the bag:

A cluster of grapes. A beautiful reminder that Amanda is with her Heavenly Father.

Another story that was shared was the question by one of her classmates of how can we know that our faith is real - that Christianity is the only way to heaven.  After a moment of deep thought, the child said, "But we don't have to worry about that because Amanda told us we are right."  Heaven is real.

And there it is.  Simple, yet powerful, faith.

My grief is deep.  My hurt is real.  I miss my daughter more with each day that passes.  I carried her for nine months, gave birth to her and stayed home until she started pre-school, worked at her school and got to see her throughout the days, and then in those last 17 months, had the blessing and privilege to spend every day taking care of her and make some incredible memories.

And during her illness, God spoke through our journey.

2015.  While I will continue to work on healing a hurt that will never completely heal, I will pray that God will open doors for us to share our story and that her legacy will not be the cancer that took her life, but instead, how God worked through the situation to touch lives as we shared our journey. 

So my resolution for 2015 is simple (cause I need simple right now!) and it goes like this:  
"God, use my life for your glory."

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.


May 2015 be a year that God continues to use Team Watson for His Kingdom's sake.

God-centered. Christ-exalting. Spirit-dependent. Bible-saturated. Gospel-rooted. Truth-tethered. Soul-satisfying. Sin-killing. Justice-advancing. Satan-defeating. Self-sacrificing. Risk-taking. Mission-pursuing. And more...... (Desiring God.org)

Ephesians 5:1-2
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment