I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Remembering our Amanda

As we start the week off and the countdown in my head keeps getting louder, I am glad we started it with our church family in worship.

The week ahead will be full of heartbreaking reminders of a year ago, yet at the same time full of beautiful reminders of how much we have to be thankful for and the blessings we received during her 17 month battle with cancer.

This morning at church, we had amazing bouquets of flowers made by A Matter of Taste in memory of Amanda at both Crestview and Lawler.

Amanda had once said, "I don't know why this is happening to me, but I know God has a reason."  How right she was.  While I would give anything to have her back, it gives me comfort to know that her life continues to glorify God.

Without fail, God continues to provide our family with the faith and courage we need, when we need it. 

Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment