I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Worn, weary, but also excited.....


As I have been preparing my speech the past few days, it has been with a bit of difficulty,but not for the reason one would expect. This will be my first time to speak on my own.  Not only do I have so much I want to share, but there are so many different angles from which I could share our story.  The layers and depths of what we have learned over the past two years is hard to muddle through at times.  God has been so good to us.

It promises to be an emotional morning, but that's nothing new for me!!

With last weekend still fresh and raw in my heart, I am emotionally drained and worn out.  At times this week I have found myself fighting the anxiety of the loss of Amanda.  It sits heavy in the very pit of my stomach.  I find it odd that at times I still find myself struggling with "accepting" the reality that I have been living the past 8 months.

8 months, which is only 4 months from a year.....that seems impossible! As I cleaned house Monday, I could clearly picture her walking through the house, watching a movie in our bed or sitting in her favorite chair. I still catch myself thinking of her as being here, wondering how she is feeling and where she is.   

As hard as that is on me, I don't want it to change. I want to feel that closeness and have the memories come to mind that easy.  The pain simply reminds me of how much I love her and makes me yearn for the day we are together again. 

For now, I take each day as it comes and continue to trust God's plan for our family. 

As for Saturday, I am looking forward to sharing our story. Come join us at Hill Country Bible, Georgetown - bring a friend and maybe even some Kleenex! ;)

I would appreciate your prayers as I take this next step in our journey....I can honestly say that I am excited to see what God has in store!!

2 Corinthians 1:3-7
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment