I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, April 13, 2015

What a great feeling!

Incredibly blessed for this opportunity!
Well, another first... (I'm starting to realize, that for the rest of my life, I will be able to apply that statement to something.)

Saturday morning I had my first solo speaking engagement at Hill Country Bible Church in Georgetown.  I'd like to say a huge "thank you" to Hill Country Bible for inviting me to speak.  Take note of my side table there - box of kleenex, a cup and a bottle of water....all necessary items in case of a major meltdown.  The amazing thing is - they were not required!

This event has been on the calendar for a few months, and if you remember, I had been praying about doors opening for me to share our journey, and continue to do so.  So when I was asked to speak, I was extremely excited - an answer to prayer and God opening a door.  As the day got closer, there were definitely nerves, but when the day arrived, I was actually pretty calm.

I wanted to articulate our journey well, honor Amanda's memory and most of all, glorify God through the heartache.  I feel like I succeeded in all three areas. 

When asked how I managed to not fall apart during the speech and right afterwards, it really is the strangest thing....I feel the emotions, and even get choked up at times, but honestly, I'm somehow able to keep my composure. (Same thing for when we made the video!)  And I give all the glory to God for giving me the strength to hold it together. The emotions usually hit me either later in the day, or even a day or two afterwards and then I do completely and totally fall apart.  The tears hit, all the emotions come pouring over me and I just crash.  After my emotions are all spent, and I sleep, I feel better.  

So here is a crazy thing - I have these physical reactions when I get nervous: my neck gets red and my mouth goes dry.  They are incredibly annoying because I can't do anything to prevent them from happening.  However, both times that I have had the opportunity to speak and share our story, I haven't experienced them at all!!  The only way to explain it is that God provides all that I need when I need it.  You have no idea how amazing that is for me....

It feels wonderful to have that "first time" under my belt and that it was such an enjoyable experience. 

I look forward to the next opportunity, wherever and whatever God has planned. 

Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
  
Oh, how my heart aches and misses this beautiful, silly, precious girl... 

No comments:

Post a Comment