I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Today was a very good day....

There has been more than one occasion when I have doubted that I should be back at work.  The painful reminders, the memories, the battle of grief, the overwhelming feeling of having to "keep it all together" and then those times that I just don't even try......it's been a challenge.  But when you are surrounded by amazing, loving and supportive friends, it makes facing those challenges a little easier.  Not to mention that they regularly pray for me and with me. I am incredibly blessed.

Today, the ladies in the office gave me a little birthday celebration.  They loved on me, and I have to admit that I enjoyed every moment.  My birthday isn't until December 22, but we will be on Christmas break.  That will be another one of those painful firsts that I am not looking forward to.  By celebrating it this early, I had no trouble with "emotions of the day" interfering with the enjoyment and pleasure of the gifts and celebration.  I love those ladies.

A delicious breakfast spread!

Now this is love! 
My fabulous co-workers, but more importantly, my amazing friends.
So, it seems my fondness for the adorable character, Olaf, has taken on a life of its own.  These hilarious, and incredibly sweet notes were all over my desk.  Plenty of laughter today.

Our varsity boys had a basketball tonight and they dressed for the game today at school.  So I just had to pick on them a little and stopped by to thank them for dressing up in honor of my birthday party.  Since they went through all that trouble I insisted that I get a photo with them.  They are such good sports!  I love working at our school with these amazing kids. 
This touched me and almost brought me to tears.  Stopped by Double G tonight and they have this picture on the counter.  I love Paul and Marjo Godsey.  They are amazing people who love our family very well.
Tonight, we took family pictures.  I have been dreading this day.  The thought of taking our family pictures without Amanda was not something I could even really comprehend, but it needed to be done.  Tom had a great idea of how we could incorporate Amanda's memory in our pictures.  I have to admit, I am pleased with the results.  Christmas cards will become another heartbreaking project for me as I make them this year.  Pictures are an incredibly huge part of our family and without her in the pictures, it just feels wrong.  One more first.  One more heartbreaking accomplishment. 

After pictures and the trip to the bow shop, we ended our day with watching our varsity boys play ball. Cheering on our Lions and spending time with my friends was a nice way to end the day.

Today was a good day.  Full of laughter, love and smiles.  

Psalm 63:3-4
Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you. 

I will praise you as long as I live,
    and in your name I will lift up my hands.


My sweet girl celebrating her sixth birthday in kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment