I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Romeo is back, but Brandon is now on the injured list.....

What a crazy couple of days this has been!

This week, Amanda has started to feel a little more on the puny side.  She even felt bad enough that she actually took some medicine for her nausea. That says a lot about how she is feeling.  Even though she has been feeling a little on sick side, she was so ready for her riding lesson on Tuesday.  We are STILL having issues with her hip, so the ride was nice and gentle.  She rode Oakey.   We learned some very exciting news yesterday afternoon: Romeo is back in the arena for walking-only lessons! Amanda was extremely excited and all for it.  Since she can't do much because of her hip, they are a perfect pair.  Just the other day she was telling me how far away April was.  When I asked what was going on in April, she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Rome will be back!" Silly me.  This is big news for her and she is thrilled.

This morning, we were at ROCK so Amanda could help with a therapy session for Romeo.  While we were there, we were surprised with a beautiful watercolor of Amanda and Romeo painted by Dick Taylor.  It is so beautiful, it made me cry.  Amanda and I are in the middle of an ongoing debate of where it will hang - the den or in her room.  I think I may lose this one.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but Brandon injured his ankle back in November during football.  He was able to rest it for a week and wore a brace for the remainder of the season, and while it has been on the weak side, we thought it was doing okay.  Unfortunately, it continued to bother him, and developed a knot below his ankle.  We took him to a podiatrist today and turns out he has a ganglion cyst.  The doctor drained it there in the office, injected it with steroids and put him in a compression wrap and boot for a month.  It was not a pleasant experience and he is in quiet a bit of pain this evening.  Despite the inconvenience and disruption of routine, not to mention his current discomfort, we see this as a huge praise.  We went in to the appointment today thinking that surgery was a possibility, and for now, we have hope that this method of treatment will take care of the cyst all together.  Please pray for that! 

Amanda's lesson this afternoon on Romeo was fun to watch.  Amanda smiled for what seemed like the entire ride.  She was happy to be back with him.  I love the connection she has with him.  It is special to see.

On a personal note, every day I seem to get better at allowing myself to look a little more into the future and plan.  It is a good feeling.  In fact, as we enrolled both kids back in Grace for next year, it was an AWESOME feeling.   God is doing exciting things in our lives, opening new doors, planting hopes and dreams for the future - each day is a blessing.

As I sit here, typing this, (I typed this MUCH earlier in the evening....posted way after their bedtime!) the kids and Tom are together in the other room and I hear their voices drifting across the house. What a beautiful sound.  Life is precious. 

Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.


“My life is but a weaving between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors He weaveth steadily.
Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow and I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper and I the underside.
Not ‘til the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas and reveal the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.
He knows, He loves, He cares; nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those who leave the choice to Him.”
~ Corrie Ten Boom

Amanda was so happy to be back on a horse!

She talks the entire lesson...
She makes these funny faces at me, and I love it when I am able to catch it on film!
She was one happy girl just having Romeo walking beside her.  She actually smiled at me!
What an amazing and special gift.  Thank you Mr. Taylor!
She was so excited to ride Romeo! Emily let Amanda help tack before her lesson.
Pure happiness!
I think even Kristin was thrilled Romeo was back!
And there she goes - let the talking begin!

Caught her again!  Love seeing my girl act silly.

She is one horse crazy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment