I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Monday, September 26, 2016

All Roads Lead to Home

In case you haven't already heard, Thomas, Brandon and I have moved back into our house in Georgetown, Brandon is back at Grace Academy, and we continue to worship at Crestview Baptist Church.  We are happy to be home!

If you were not aware of this news it might have given you a case of whiplash.  The dynamics are complicated, layered, long and honestly - a little on the painful side as well.  It has been a summer of stress, exhaustion and important life lessons learned by all three of us - most importantly me. 

Despite the fact that we are home in the very locations I was looking to move from, this is still a new chapter for me in every way possible. This will be a fresh start as we continue to heal and move forward, cherishing each day with each other.

My journey and experience through writing has been an honor and I will cherish our Team Watson blog as it has recorded God's goodness in our family's lives, but as part of my fresh start, I want to share that I am stepping away from writing in this capacity to focus on healing during this new season and most importantly to focus on and to fully enjoy my family.

Thank you for joining us as we shared our hearts with you during Amanda's fight with cancer.  Thank you for loving us and walking beside us as we traveled through the valley.  Thank you for joining us in prayer and praise to our sovereign God whom we have trusted and continue to trust even when we don't understand.  And thank you for loving and supporting Amanda who glorified her God in spite of the circumstances she faced.  

See ya' later alligator!

Lamentations 3:21-24
But this I call to mind, therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will trust in him. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi. You don't know me. But I want to say goodbye. My name is Sheila and I used to work with Melinda Kelley which is how I came across your blog. I live in Nicaragua, and we were in the very beginning stages of adopting two children when I first read your story. I so clearly remember at the time thinking, "Why on earth am I reading this? Is there something wrong with me that I am wading through this woman's pain--someone I don't even know. Why am I choosing this? Aren't there more applicable things to my life I should be reading?"
    And then on September 25, 2015 our daughter and two of her friends were drowned. It has, as you well understand, been the most terrible year of our lives.
    As we remembered the day of the accident yesterday, by marching with her friends through town (as is customary here) I couldn't help but marvel at the strange ways God has prepared me for this horror. Including reading the things you have shared here.
    We may never know each other--but we share a terrible kinship, and a lovely one in Christ. I wish you healing and am grateful for the things you've shared (even long before I would need to know them). We too are forever a family of four--even if nobody else understands.
    Nothing sounds more shrill in my ears than when people try to say that somehow our tragedy is justified by the help we may then render to others some day--and I in no way mean to leave that implication with you. I just want to say that your word have returned to me during some dark times and I am grateful that you shared them.

    ReplyDelete