I Corinthians 12:24-27

But God has put the body together.... that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Another new chapter on the horizon...

I have some news to share.  It is with great excitement and bittersweet joy that after 8 years in the Administration at Grace Academy, I will not be returning next year.  I get to stay at home and focus on Brandon these last four years that Thomas and I have him at home.  That sentence is so hard to write!  Four more years.  Then Thomas and I are empty nesters.  Certainly not the timeline nor the circumstances we expected to find ourselves in at the age of 44.

The co-workers at Grace have become family.  I have lived life with these people and they are some of the most smart, amazing, crazy, hilarious, talented and God-loving people I have ever been around.  We have done some serious journeying together and while the last three years has been unbelievable time of joy and grief, I am thankful and honored to have been among this group as we have lived through it.  

While I took a year and half off with Amanda during her illness, I never felt like I had ever "officially" left.  Trust me, I walked away from school that Tuesday afternoon with Brandon and Amanda, and the very next day, as we learned the news that there was a mass at the base of Amanda's brainstem, my focused shifted and I never looked back.  They packed my desk for me and picked right up where I had left off without a single word to me of the weight that was shifted that day.  I remember sitting in the waiting room with the ladies from the Admin while we were still in the hospital.  The absolute shock and unbelief of where we were was evident on all our faces, yet the friendship, support and solidarity was stronger than it had ever been. In fact, Amanda loved these ladies so much and had a great relationship with them - she showed off her surgery incision to them.  That was the first time Tom and I had gotten a good look at it ourselves!  They are family. They are friends.  They are dear brothers and sisters in Christ.  The fact that I had the opportunity to come back to work in the office over these last two years means more than words can say.

One of the most amazing, and my favorite, part of working at Grace has been the ability to be close to both kids and see them throughout the school days.  My days over the years have been full of Brandon and Amanda popping in the office for this or that, to say hi, run an errand for a teacher or even share the good news of a grade on an assignment..  seeing Brandon during the day will be one part that I know I will miss.  

One question I am asked is what I am planning to do next.  My answer for now is to simply take care of my family and myself.  I don't know what the future holds for me, but being the mom and wife God wants me to be will be my primary goal.  We don't have our children for long, and that is something we know all too well, so my heart is full of joy with the thought of spending more time with Brandon and Thomas.

I'm sure that these next four years will be full of adventures and I look forward to all that is in store for us in this next chapter of our lives!



2 comments:

  1. To be a "keeper at home" will be a blessing to your family and to you. Your choice to invest in your family now, as found in Titus 2:3-5, will bless other young moms in the future as you share your story and are able to train them to love their husbands and children.

    And you're right about those office folks! They ARE ... "smart, amazing, crazy, hilarious, talented and God-loving people" and I seem to recall you being the ringleader on many occasions! Your gifts and talents will be missed in the GA Office and so will your infectious spirit! Blessings as you embark on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 55-year-old from Paris, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below,

    Cancer

    HIV/Aids

    Herpes Virus

    Bladder cancer

    Brain cancer

    Colon-Rectal Cancer

    Breast Cancer

    Prostate Cancer

    Esophageal cancer

    Gallbladder cancer

    Gestational trophoblastic disease

    Head and neck cancer

    Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer

    Kidney cancer

    Leukemia

    Liver cancer

    Lung cancer

    Melanoma

    Mesothelioma

    Multiple myeloma

    Neuroendocrine tumors

    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma

    Oral cancer

    Ovarian cancer

    Sinus cancer

    Skin cancer

    Soft tissue sarcoma

    Spinal cancer

    Stomach cancer

    Testicular cancer

    Throat cancer

    Thyroid Cancer

    Uterine cancer

    Vaginal cancer

    Vulvar cancer

    Hepatitis

    Chronic Illness

    Lupus

    Diabetes

    HPV

    Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete